I am so excited to share Emily and Ryan’s gorgeous engagement session at the Malibu Creek Park in Malibu California. I drove up to meet them for an evening sunset session and we hiked up and down these gorgeous hills for their shoot. I can’t wait for their wedding at Pine Rose Cabins next year it is going to be so much fun hanging out with these two love birds again!
From the couple:
How did you meet?
- We meet through our church youth group probably 10 plus years ago. We did not start dating until years later, when we reconnected.
How did you know she/he was the one?
- I knew he was the one by the way he treats others. He is the most selfless and humble person I know. I went through a phase a couple years back where I was pretty sick and he was the person that truly took care of me. He has seen me at my darkest and still loves me. That is how I know. -Emily
- As cliche as it sounds, I just knew. Whether or not the feeling was mutual at the time who knows 😉 -Ryan
How did he propose?
- He proposed in Big Bear, CA while we were on a hike with my sister. We were up there with all of our friends. When we got back to the house, they had decorated it for us and drinks ready. The best surprise was that my parents were on their way up to help celebrate. It was exactly how I pictured our engagement.
Why did you choose your venue?
- We always have had a love for the mountains. I have said it’s where we fell in love (going up to Big Bear and Yosemite every year), that’s where we reconnect, and that’s where I can only imagine us becoming one.
Why did you choose Whimsie Studios to photograph your wedding day?
- The photography style is exactly what we wanted. Sadi captures the natural light perfectly as well as the authentic side of couples.
What are you most excited for on your wedding day?
- I am the most excited to marry Ryan. He is my best friend and I cannot wait to for our future together. I’m looking forward to a big party with our favorite people. Also, I will finally have the same last name as my dog so that’s a plus!-Emily
- To celebrate the beginning of the next chapter in our life. With family and friends. -Ryan